See our tips below, and see what difference these could make to your morning muck out and bedding bill!
- Make a base, many of our clients have previously avoided providing a solid base for fear of wasting bedding, however a thick SBS bedding base will allow your bed to perform better
- Avoid a large flake - big flakes move easily, instead seek something denser to avoid movement – Softchip or Standard will provide you with this
- The more solid the base is, the less movement the bedding will be subject to so extend the full muck out – yes really, and this is our biggest tip, with any of our bales the wet will drain quickly to the bottom, we promise it won’t sit on top! So try skipping out only and adding some fresh bedding from the banks on top of the wet, this will make a difference in your bedding bill
- Whilst it may be challenging not to remove the wet every day, we have found that this allows the bed to settle and knit together and in three days will be performing as expected
- Those clients with horses that move a lot in their stable have reported less waste and less need to add new bales when they have extended the full muck out and stopped removing the wet every day
- Some clients with 'tidy' horses are even able to take the wet out once a week, without sacrificing comfort for their horse
- Got a question? Please post in the comments or contact us and we will be delighted to answer.